Connie’s Pizza is looking for an HR Manager to join our team. This person will work as a leader/partner in the company to support and professionalize the “people” side of the business. We’re looking for someone with high energy and a passion for what we do!
3520 S Racine Ave, Chicago, IL 60609 (position is headquartered here; however, also supports initiatives at another satellite location)
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters, including the review and administration of organization’s wage and salary program.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation, ensuring the organization's compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all employment, safety and personnel matters.
- Proactively identifies job vacancies to effectively and efficiently recruit, interview, and acquire talent for all positions within the organization, centered around the labor and the service-based workforce.
- Train and advise managers on policies and operations related to Human Resources such as the recruitment process, safety and training requirements, performance management, the equal employment opportunity act, and sexual harassment.
- Design comprehensive training and employee development, engagement and safety programs by analyzing organization's needs and demands and working alongside leadership to implement strategy of the newly created programs.
- Act as the connection between employees and management – working as a servant leader to resolve questions and address concerns quickly.
- Administer, analyze, and modify compensation and benefit policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, training, certifications, and absenteeism rates.
- Implement policies to ensure accurate time reporting and run payroll on a biweekly basis.
- Manage worker’s compensation and unemployment claims to minimize losses and ensure appropriate procedures are followed.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee departures to minimize risk of future concerns, turnover and/or attrition.
- Prepare personnel budget and forecast to project employment needs for ongoing or temporary work.
- Identify opportunities for the company to improve and implement changes.
About Connie’s Pizza:
- 5+ years’ experience in a Human Resources capacity within a restaurant or fast paced, service industry.
- Strong background in and involvement with service/labor recruitment and talent acquisition strategy coupled with talent engagement and safety program development.
- Ability and interest to take ownership in the Human Resources and Operational function within a very fast paced, restaurant setting. Capable of keeping high energy.
- Powerful service orientation acumen - driven to help out anywhere needed to ensure the overall success of the organization and its' employees.
- Professional verbal and written communication style with the ability to interact with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Understanding of compliance and employment law, leave management and processing, and payroll administration.
- Experience with payroll and HRIS systems (Paylocity preferred).
- Supervisory or Management experience desired.
- Strong organizational skills with high detail orientation.
- Bilingual language proficiency (English and Spanish) required.
Operating since 1963, Connie's Pizza is Chicago's best kept secret for delicious Italian dishes and of course, pizza. With over 250 employees, we operate two restaurants, cater, sell pizzas online, and run booths at many Chicagoland festivals.
Our flagship location, which holds our corporate offices, is on Archer Avenue just minutes from the Loop. We can accommodate over 500 people between our indoor and outdoor space. Our second restaurant is in McCormick Place, serving tasty food to hungry conference and event attendees.