Storflex, a manufacturing company based in Corning, NY, is looking for a Junior Accountant to join the growing team. This person will report to the CFO and Controller to manage the day-to-day financial activities. Storflex produces Metal Gondola Display Shelving, Custom Metal and Wood Display Fixtures, and Walk-In Freezer and Coolers. They create high quality, customized solutions for their customer's most challenging retail display requirements.
This position is located at 392 West Pulteney Street, Corning, NY 14830.
- Maintain accurate, real-time GAAP financial statements and complete timely reconciliation of all accounts.
- Interface with the Purchasing, Invoicing, and AP to timely and accurately manage the cash flow of the business.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Assist in month-end close and the preparation of internal and external financial statements.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes to the Controller.
- Work heavily in the new ERP to make systematic and financial reporting system improvements.
- Support management in the identification and pursuit of growth and operational objectives.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; seek out the opportunity to continuously learn.
- 2+ years’ experience in Accounting.
- Cost accounting and/or manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance. CPA /CMA is a plus
- Familiarity with GAAP.
- Excellent Excel and computer skills, tech-savvy.
- Strong time management, work ethic, critical thinking, and analytical skills with high detail orientation.
- Professional verbal and written communication style with the ability to interact with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Honest, high integrity, able to protect confidential information.
- Positive attitude and service-orientation - willing to help out anywhere needed.
- Ability to operate independently with a high level of accuracy and decisiveness.
Founded in 1992 in Corning, New York, Storflex began with a vision to provide high quality, standard retail fixtures to our customers, enabling them to secure custom merchandising solutions quickly, efficiently, and affordably. Since then, we’ve manufactured products for some of the most recognizable brands in the nation and expanded our facilities twice – a testament to the success of our solutions in the marketplace.
We’ve built our reputation on a legacy of merchandising excellence, manufacturing best-in-class solutions for leading brands in the grocery, retail, and distribution industries.
Our mission is to be the premier solution for Metal Gondola Display Shelving, Custom Fixtures, and Walk-In Freezers and Coolers. Our vision is to produce high-quality products paired with exceptional service to provide value to our customers and ownership.
You can learn more about us at www.storflex.com