Summary: Acts Housing
is looking to add a Homebuyer Counselor
to join their team that will provide guidance to prospective homeowners including those who may have problems qualifying for traditional loans and assist them in establishing good credit habits, creating and maintaining budgets, overcoming personal financial and credit obstacles and pursuing other steps towards becoming homeowners.
What You'll Do:
What We're Looking For:
- Plan, direct, and/or coordinate activities designed to create and maintain a favorable public image or raise awareness of Acts Housing in the community, including attending community meetings and events.
- Conduct intake and orientation sessions for individuals seeking support. Counsel families referred by Acts’ real estate brokers, banks, community partners and others and assess them for any applicable grant resources.
- Recommend strategies for families to meet their financial goals, such as making budget adjustments, spending plans or adhering to in debt management plans
- Guide and explain services or policies to families, such as program rules, and the advantages and disadvantages of using services to help determine the best type of loan.
- Manage Acts’ down payment and closing cost grant programs by providing timely production reports to appropriate personnel. Provide assistance to families in obtaining grants through AHP, DPP, HCRI, and other programs as requested.
About Acts Housing:
- 1+ years of demonstrated success within the housing, credit counseling, non-profit, financial services or banking industry
- Must have the ability to become HUD certified within 6 months of employment
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree within a relevant discipline is desired. Individuals that have relevant experience and/or are currently HUD Certified can be considered in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively identify relevant issues to management by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Strong technical skills, experience working in MS Office, Google Suite, and other “Customer Management Software” programs, such as Sales Force, is a needed
- Superior case, project, and time management skills are a must. Strong verbal and written communication skills are also essential.
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
Incorporated in 1995, Acts Housing
is a non-profit organization whose vision is to create vibrant neighborhoods through homeownership. Since its’ inception, Acts Housing
has supported over 2700 low to moderate income families in their home purchases, completed over 900 home rehabs and has serviced diverse families throughout Milwaukee and Beloit. Most homeowners save hundreds on their monthly housing costs by transitioning from renting to homeownership. Acts Housing is a one-stop shop, offering homebuyer counseling, real estate brokerage, lending, and home rehab counseling under one roof.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.