: The Home Improvement Coordinator will guide and support Acts
families through each stage of their home remodel process, from developing the home renovation scope of work on the property to project completion, and assist with improving internal department processes. Reporting to the Program Manager, The Home Improvement Coordinator will work collaboratively with other departments to deliver excellent family service.
What You Will Do:
What We Are Looking For:
- Create Scopes of Work for assigned properties and review scope in detail with family
- Conduct pre-closing meetings with families to review Acts processes and procedures and begin planning home renovation first steps with families after home purchase
- Track and manage families’ home renovation budgets and timelines to ensure families complete their projects on time and on budget
- Identify and build relationships with contractors who can work with Acts families, and help train them on Acts procedures
- Provide support to families throughout their home renovation, identifying barriers to success and problem solving with the families
- Conduct site inspections throughout home renovation process to ensure work is being completed in accordance with the scope and payment requests
- Review submitted payment requests for home renovation work to ensure requests are within the scope and all required documents have been provided
- Assist Program Manager’s effort to identify areas of improvement in the home renovation department, and implement changes as needed
- Work with volunteer coordinator to help identify potential volunteers needs and projects
- Work with marketing department to identify families and projects that may make good marketing stories for Acts
- Maintain CRM on a daily basis to track project updates, budget and timeline progress, family touch bases, and progress pictures
- Assist Program Manager with facilities management, including regular maintenance
About Acts Housing:
- 3+ Years' of experience in home construction or home renovation fields
- High School Graduate or equivalent; technical training preferred
- Valid driver’s license, and using personal vehicle for work on a daily basis
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, technology programs and ability to use telephones and email in professional manner
- Knowledge of construction materials, methods and tools involved in home renovation/construction with the ability to review and quote items needed for repair, remodel or to bring current to code
- Ability to deliver high level of Family Service Excellence by focusing on customer service, including empathizing with customer needs, communicating effectively, and resolving disputes or complaints
- Experience with project management and effectively managing multiple projects and responsibilities at the same time
- Effective business skills, including time-management, resource allocation, team work, and analyzing problems and implementing solutions
- Physical ability to walk through and access all areas of vacant homes, including attics and basements
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, or more with assistance
- Vision sufficient to visually observe detailed conditions of homes and structures
Incorporated in 1995, Acts Housing
is a non-profit organization whose vision is to create vibrant neighborhoods through homeownership. Since its’ inception, Acts Housing
has supported over 2700 low to moderate income families in their home purchases, completed over 900 home rehabs and has serviced diverse families throughout Milwaukee and Beloit. Most homeowners save hundreds on their monthly housing costs by transitioning from renting to homeownership. Acts Housing is a one-stop shop, offering homebuyer counseling, real estate brokerage, lending, and home rehab counseling under one roof.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.