1003 Pleasant St., Beloit, WI 53511
Would you like to work on a team transforming lives through homeownership while working at a fast-paced, exceptionally diverse, non-profit social enterprise? Acts Housing is a place where every individuals' contributions are honored and where there is significant opportunity for personal and professional growth as the organization rapidly expands to meet the needs of our communities.
Position Summary: Acts Housing is looking to add a Homebuyer Coach to join their team in Milwaukee and in Beloit, WI that will provide guidance to prospective homeowners including those who may have problems qualifying for traditional loans and assist them in establishing good credit habits, creating and maintaining budgets, overcoming personal financial and credit obstacles and pursuing other steps towards becoming homeowners.
What You'll Do:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities designed to create and maintain a favorable public image or raise awareness of Acts Housing in the community, including attending community meetings and events.
- Conduct intake and orientation sessions for individuals seeking support. Coach families referred by Acts’ real estate brokers, banks, community partners and others and assess them for any applicable grant resources.
- Recommend strategies for families to meet their financial goals, such as making budget adjustments, spending plans or adhering to in debt management plans.
- Guide and explain services or policies to families, such as program rules, and the advantages and disadvantages of using services to help determine the best type of loan.
- Manage Acts’ down payment and closing cost grant programs by providing timely production reports to appropriate personnel.
- Provide assistance to families in obtaining grants through AHP, DPP, HCRI, and other programs as requested.
What We're Looking for:
Benefits & Perks:
- 1+ years of demonstrated success within the housing, credit counseling, non-profit, human services, financial services or banking industry
- Must have the ability to become HUD certified within 6 months of employment
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree within a relevant discipline is desired. Individuals that have relevant experience and/or are currently HUD Certified can be considered in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively identify relevant issues to management by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Strong technical skills, experience working in MS Office, Google Suite, and other “Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software” programs, such as Salesforce, are needed
- Superior case, project, and time management skills are a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- All Acts Housing employees must be Covid-19 vaccinated
About Acts Housing: Over its 26-year history, Acts housing has helped more than 3,000 low-to-moderate income families achieve homeownership; 950 of those families reclaimed distressed properties with Acts' support. Acts' full suite of homeownership services makes it a nationally recognized leader in homeownership, with significant demand both from our neighbors and community stakeholders to do even more to support new and existing markets. In 2021 alone, Acts supported more than 270 families to transition from renters to owners (a 50% increase over our prior best year ever!).
- Paid Time Off (15+ days based on tenure) plus 12 Paid Holidays and 4 Personal Half Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with 3% Company Match
- Welfare Benefits Plan - term life, personal accident, and disability insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit and Debit Card Options
- Access to online library of 3,000 courses and 20,000 digital books
- Discounts to various goods and services via the Insperity MarketPlace
Acts is a 25 person organization that is adding 12 new employees in 2022 to better meet the needs of families in the markets we currently serve (Milwaukee and Beloit) and future markets that are eager to benefit from our homeownership services.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
Acts Housing embraces equity and inclusion. We seek a diverse pool of candidates for our open positions knowing that a team comprised of people with unique characteristics, experiences and identity allow us to better serve our communities.