Would you like to work on a team transforming lives through homeownership while working at a fast-paced, exceptionally diverse, non-profit social enterprise? Acts Housing is a place where every individuals' contributions are honored and where there is significant opportunity for personal and professional growth as the organization rapidly expands to meet the needs of our communities.
The Acts Housing
is an experienced fundraising professional with a healthy balance of relationship-builder and strategic-thinker traits. This member of Acts’ Leadership Team reports to the Chief Development & Marketing Officer and works closely with the CEO and other organizational leaders.
What You'll Do as the Director of Donor Impact:
The Director of Donor Impact should have:
- Execute annual fundraising plan (annual appeal, grants, event fundraising, etc.) with support of colleagues in the department (there is currently an Annual Giving Coordinator; you will have two additional roles to hire for in 2022)
- Manage major gifts program and a portfolio of prospects and major donors
- Oversee strategy, planning, and execution of donor engagement events (Longest Neighborhood Table event/campaign, Tour of Homes, Leadership Briefing, Community events, Board/Committee events)
- Oversee annual giving program
- Provide oversight of grant process (prospecting, content, submission, reporting, renewal); Grant Manager position is currently open
- Develop and fund sponsorship opportunities in collaboration with Marketing department
- Serve as Fundraising Committee staff lead; work closely with committee chair/co-chairs to manage committee and report on progress
- Work closely with Director of Marketing to develop, execute, and distribute donor communications (annual report, segmented email communications, automated email communications, etc.)
- Actively participate on Acts’ Leadership Team and interact with Board, Committees, and Task Forces
- Maintain fundraising data integrity in Salesforce (Donor Data Coordinator position is currently open)
- Financial reporting and reconciliation with outsourced bookkeeper
- 5+ years development/fundraising experience including leadership and management roles
- Successful record of securing major gifts
- Advanced CRM experience/training (Salesforce is a bonus)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret, report, and respond to donor/donation data
- Valid driver’s license and reliable insured transportation
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Vision Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k plan with 3% employer contribution
- Fun office culture where everyone is valued
About Acts Housing: Over its 26 year history, Acts housing has helped more than 3,000 low-to-moderate income families achieve homeownership; 950 of those families reclaimed distressed properties with Acts' support. Acts' full suite of homeownership services makes it a nationally recognized leader in homeownership, with significant demand both from our neighbors and community stakeholders to do even more to support new and existing markets. In 2021alone, Acts supported more than 270 families to transition from renters to owners (a 50% increase over our prior best year ever!).
Acts Housing embraces equity and inclusion. We seek a diverse pool of candidates for our open positions knowing that a team comprised of people with unique characteristics, experiences and identity allow us to better serve our communities.
Acts is a 25 person organization that is adding 12 new employees in 2022 to better meet the needs of families in the markets we currently serve (Milwaukee and Beloit) and future markets that are eager to benefit from our homeownership services.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.