Job Title: Lead Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer / Materials Engineer - Plastics
Company: Keder Solutions, LLC
Work Location: 7265 South 1st St, Oak Creek, WI 53154
Work Format: Salaried; full-time; onsite.
Summary: Keder Solutions, a rapidly growing organization with over 50 employees, is looking for a Lead Engineer to join their growing team. This person will focus on developing new and existing products to optimal cost, quality and efficiency. As a member of the leadership team, they should have exceptional business acumen with the ability to apply their technical knowledge to product strategy and potential business acquisitions.
Keder Solutions produces Keder, Keder Cord, Flat Keder, Keder Rail, Curtain Hangers, and Fabrics & Vinyl used in a variety of applications such as banners, tents, awnings, fabric structures, industrial curtains, signage, sails. You can learn more about our products here.
Candidates must be located near Oak Creek, WI or willing to relocate. Sorry, we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship at this time - candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
What You'll Do as a Lead Engineer:
- Develop and refine processes to improve the quality and functionality of our portfolio of extruded thermoplastic products.
- Provide technical expertise and insight to sales and leadership teams related to product and business strategy.
- Select and implement production equipment for new product manufacturing.
- Identify and develop key manufacturing partners with supply chain, verify technical capability, and ensure vendors can support full-scale production ramps.
- Analyze equipment and process conditions to ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Establish standard operating procedures and formulations for lamination, coating, and finishing processes.
- Identify raw material alternatives to maximize quality and reliability while minimizing cost.
- Reduce waste and minimize production downtime using Lean / Six Sigma concepts.
- Generate engineering drawings, technical documentation, work instructions, bills of materials, and finished product cost estimates.
- Setup and run experiments on single screw extruders using scientific and statistical methods to validate process parameters.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose extrusion system failures to resolve issues and identify potential improvements.
- Establish and hold a timeline for all tests and processes.
- Engage customers to gain insight into product performance requirements, prototype evaluation methods, prototype feedback, and timeline expectations of project.
- Prepare organization for ISO certification.
- Design tooling for new extrusion products.
What We're Looking for in a Lead Engineer:
- 4+ years’ engineering experience in a manufacturing environment; experience with Plastics / PVC, polymers, coated fabrics, extrusion, sheet / film design desired
- 2+ years of experience with plastics required; knowledge of coated materials and polymers
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Process, Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science, Manufacturing, Polymer Science, Plastics, or related field) required
- Experience with extrusion, knitting, and coating machines desired; functional knowledge of PLC systems and software
- Experience developing adhesives and top coat compounds desired
- Excellent prioritization and project management skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and root-cause analysis skills; experience with Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma, Lean)
- Strong group communication skills with team-orientated focus
- Excellent computers skills including Microsoft Office 365
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD software such as Autodesk AutoCAD; 3D Printing / Scanning a plus
- Adaptable – adjusts to changing demands, priorities, and objectives; flourishes in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Innovative and creative - brings fresh, unique ideas to the table
- Dedicated and takes pride in providing a high level of detail towards projects
- The ability to work independently, without regular supervision
- Bilingual in German desired but not required
Benefits & Perks:
- Relocation Assistance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Company-sponsored Health Insurance Plan starting 1/1/2023. COBRA stipend available until then.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 3.5% Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
About Keder Solutions, LLC: Keder Solutions began in 2009. After years in the tenting industry, we realized that it was becoming nearly impossible to acquire keder. A few short years later, Keder Solutions has expanded its product lines to include not only keder, but Fabrics & Vinyl, Keder Rails, Curtain Hangers, Keder Cord, Flat Keder, Accessories and more.
We created Keder Solutions with the user’s perspective in mind. We wanted to offer a quality product with fast turnaround. We keep it simple, so you can focus on your projects in the various industries we serve in tenting, marine, soft signage and banners, awning, and any customized needs.
You can learn more at https://www.kedersolutions.com/!
keywords: mechanical engineer, chemical engineer, chemist, process engineer, innovation engineer, industrial engineer, lead engineer, mechanical engineer, manufacturing engineer, materials engineer, polymer engineer, application engineer, engineering manager, extruded plastic, extrusion, CAD, materials science, polymers, coatings, capital equipment