Title: Office Manager
Company: Acts Housing
Work Location: 2414 W. Vliet St, Milwaukee, WI 53205
Work Format: Full-time; onsite in Milwaukee office
Would you like to work on a team transforming lives through homeownership while working at a fast-paced, exceptionally diverse, non-profit social enterprise? Acts Housing is a place where every individual’s contributions are honored and where there is significant opportunity for personal and professional growth as the organization rapidly expands to meet the needs of our communities.
The Office Manager will be responsible for the effective operations of Acts Housing’s administrative support functions in the Milwaukee office. The Office Manager will participate in, coordinate and direct the administrative activities to improve organizational processes, quality, productivity, and efficiency. This position leads execution of office policy and the internal communications strategy. This person supports staff with administrative tasks like scheduling travel or meetings, accurately routing calls, distributing correspondence and ensuring spaces are set up for meetings and ready for use when hosting internal and external guests in common areas. Generally, duties include activities such as: greeting visitors, managing office supplies, overseeing other administrative staff, ensuring building (interior and exterior) common areas are free of hazards, debris, and remain clean and well organized throughout the work day. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
What You'll Do:
- Provide administrative support to the Milwaukee office and ensure the office is operating smoothly
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, answer and direct phone calls
- Receive and sort incoming mail and/or deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Recommend and assist in the development of office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Assist with office layout planning and office moves, and with managing and maintaining IT infrastructure (including office equipment)
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports
- Proactive execution of the internal and external communication plan
- Ensure adherence to office policy and safety procedures, reporting deficiencies to department Directors
- Responsible for effectively monitoring and managing the internal communication systems, general email account, fax, and the administrative functions within the CRM system
- Work collaboratively with departments to identify needs and provide administrative and operational support
- Support and enhance the Acts Housing environment by adding cultural components to the workplace including creating ways of recognizing and/or celebrating birthdays, work anniversaries and holidays
- Maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety
- Possibly travel to Beloit office periodically to provide administrative support
What We're Looking For:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals and organizations, including but not limited to: Board of Directors, clients, community development organizations, public agencies, private developers, funders, and lenders
- Ability to make timely and well-informed decisions based on discernment even in times of complexity and ambiguity
- The ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to collaborate within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite applications required. Experience with use of a CRM system (Salesforce) is desirable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Bachelor degree in computer related field of study, business administration, communications, or related field
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
- All Acts Housing employees are required to be Covid-19 vaccinated
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (15+ days based on tenure) plus 12 Paid Holidays and 4 Personal Half Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with 3% Company Match
- Welfare Benefits Plan - term life, personal accident, and disability insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit and Debit Card Options
- Access to online library of 3,000 courses and 20,000 digital books
- Discounts to various goods and services via the Insperity MarketPlace
About Acts Housing:
Over its 27-year history, Acts housing has helped more than 3,500 low-to-moderate income families achieve homeownership; 1000 of those families reclaimed distressed properties with Acts' support. Acts' full suite of homeownership services makes it a nationally recognized leader in homeownership, with significant demand both from our neighbors and community stakeholders to do even more to support new and existing markets. In 2022 alone, Acts supported more than 300 families to transition from renters to owners.
Acts is a dynamic and growing organization that added 19 new employees in 2022 to better meet the needs of families in the markets we currently serve (Milwaukee and Beloit) and future markets that are eager to benefit from our homeownership services. Key programs include homebuyer education, real estate brokerage, home rehab coaching, and lending. Additionally, in 2022 Acts launched a homeownership acquisition fund with a goal of combatting predatory investment by purchasing 100+ homes annually and offering them exclusively to owner occupants.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
Acts Housing embraces equity and inclusion. We seek a diverse pool of candidates for our open positions knowing that a team comprised of people with unique characteristics, experiences and identity allow us to better serve our communities.