Title: Transaction Coordinator
Company: Acts Housing
Work Location: 2414 W. Vliet St, Milwaukee, WI 53205
Work Format: Full-time; onsite in Milwaukee office
Would you like to work on a team transforming lives through homeownership while working at a fast-paced, exceptionally diverse, non-profit social enterprise? Acts Housing is a place where every individual’s contributions are honored and where there is significant opportunity for personal and professional growth as the organization rapidly expands to meet the needs of our communities.
Reporting to the Director of Real Estate the Transaction Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing transactions from start to finish and be the point of contact for contractors and vendors to ensure operational workflow. Our ideal candidate must be extremely well organized with exceptional customer service skills. This person should have high level administrative skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment to ensure effective operations of the department.
What You'll Do:
- Provide transaction coordination within the Real Estate department
- Provide exceptional client service at all levels, internally and externally
- Prepare and review operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Ensure all aspects of pre-rehab functions such as utilities, permits, inspections are successfully completed
- Prepare contractor payment submissions for accounting and monitor contractor bids
- Facilitate commission and contractor invoicing
- Analyze internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations
- Train staff and contractors on procedures
- Provide support to the director with documentation required to be used during the transaction management process, including new property acquisitions, rehab and sales
- Communicate with and provide guidance for external vendors and service providers to ensure the organization, department, or project needs are met
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented
- Schedule, track and report upcoming deadlines for the department
- Coordinate contractor onboarding and document in CRM
- Manage CRM data input necessary for reporting, updating documentation and correspondence
- Assist in the preparation of reports from the CRM
- Process all requests for service documents and payment requests
- Prepare letters and forms as required by the Real Estate Director
- Input commission information into reporting system for payment
What We're Looking For:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Proficient in computer use, Google Docs, Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM) software
- Experience with transaction management software
- Aptitude to learn new software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 2+ years of experience working in a real estate office preferred
- Knowledge in real estate principles
- All Acts Housing employees must be Covid-19 vaccinated
Acts is a rapidly growing organization (adding positions to increase the volume of work we can do and developing new programs and markets that require new positions) which prioritizes professional development promotion from within.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (15+ days based on tenure) plus 12 Paid Holidays and 4 Personal Half Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with 3% Company Match
- Welfare Benefits Plan - term life, personal accident, and disability insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit and Debit Card Options
- Access to online library of 3,000 courses and 20,000 digital books
- Discounts to various goods and services via the Insperity MarketPlace
About Acts Housing:
Over its 27-year history, Acts housing has helped more than 3,500 low-to-moderate income families achieve homeownership; 1000 of those families reclaimed distressed properties with Acts' support. Acts' full suite of homeownership services makes it a nationally recognized leader in homeownership, with significant demand both from our neighbors and community stakeholders to do even more to support new and existing markets. In 2022 alone, Acts supported more than 300 families to transition from renters to owners.
Acts is a dynamic and growing organization that added 19 new employees in 2022 to better meet the needs of families in the markets we currently serve (Milwaukee and Beloit) and future markets that are eager to benefit from our homeownership services. Key programs include homebuyer education, real estate brokerage, home rehab coaching, and lending. Additionally, in 2022 Acts launched a homeownership acquisition fund with a goal of combatting predatory investment by purchasing 100+ homes annually and offering them exclusively to owner occupants.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
Acts Housing embraces equity and inclusion. We seek a diverse pool of candidates for our open positions knowing that a team comprised of people with unique characteristics, experiences and identity allow us to better serve our communities.