Job Title: Buyer
Company: ER Wagner
Work Location: W130 N8691 Old Orchard Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Work Format: Full-time, salaried, onsite with option of 1 day remote
Summary: A custom steel component manufacturing company is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented buyer to join their team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for purchasing materials, goods, and services required for production, ensuring timely delivery, negotiating prices, and building strong relationships with suppliers. This person will be coming into an environment where the buying/planning department processes need to be rebuilt, so we're looking for someone who thrives on continuous improvement, "fixing" things, and getting structure into place.
What You'll Do:
- Source, negotiate and purchase materials, goods and services required for production.
- Collaborate with the production and engineering teams to understand the materials needed to complete orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Research and evaluate potential suppliers, vendors, and contractors.
- Evaluate current buying, planning, and scheduling processes to identify strengths, weaknesses, to recommend changes and implement best practices.
- Run MRP status reports and analyze for adequate levels of materials to meet projected production needs for steel and components for the ER Wagner plant which produces casters for industrial customers.
- Coordinate with planning to ensure that materials are available for production and that inventory levels are maintained.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors to ensure that delivery timelines are met.
- Prepare reports on purchasing activity, supplier performance, and cost savings.
- Provide updates to customer service regarding customer orders and inquiries, ensuring good customer communication and service levels.
Track key supplier metrics; generate data and analytics to support pricing negotiations with suppliers.
Record supplier non-conformances in the central database and follow appropriate corrective actions per departmental procedures. Discuss and/or share results with key suppliers on a regular basis.
Set up part numbers for purchase items as needed, including standard cost, lead-time, supplier, and MRP planning information in item master.
Set up part numbers for manufactured outside service items as needed, including costing, lead time, MPR planning and routing information.
Assist with the establishment of supplier managed, or consignment inventories.
Enter all required data accurately into the inventory management system.
Assist in reconciling invoice and receiving transaction discrepancies.
Advise Production Control of late deliveries from suppliers as needed to reflect availability of materials or parts, to adjust customer priorities.
Set standard costs annually on all purchased items under area of responsibility.
- Responsible for meeting company goals in the area of Purchase Price Variance and Inventory Management.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
5+ years' experience as a Buyer, Planner, and/or Scheduler in a manufacturing environment required; experience in a senior, lead, or manager role preferred
- CPP, CSCP, CPM, CIRM, or CPIM certification is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a job-related major preferred, or commensurate combination of education and experience the field
- Senior level of knowledge with the ability to assess current practices, recommend changes, and implement best practices
- Ability to prepare reports, purchase orders and correspondence related to planning
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and with other employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits & Perks:
401(k) plan with a company match
Gain share program
Short- and long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
Pre-tax flexible spending and dependent care program
Generous paid holidays package
Competitive vacation program
Qualifying employee safety shoe reimbursement
Tuition reimbursement program
About ER Wagner:
At ER Wagner
, we stamp and machine metal, cut tubing, weld things together and can perform caster and hinge assembly, as well as weldments. We offer standard components as well as custom engineered hinges and caster assemblies. Our ISO Certification along with the implementation of lean manufacturing and six sigma practices permits us to deliver exclusive products. Founded in 1900, we've built a global, innovative, high-quality, efficient company. Our customers include companies such as GM, Ford, Chrysler, Rubbermaid, and Bradley Corp. Our corporate office is located in Menomonee Falls, WI with an additional location in Brookfield, IL.
You can find more information at https://www.erwagner.com/
keywords: buyer planner planning purchasing supply chain buyer procurement “purchasing agent” logistics “production planner” scheduler manufacturing “supply chain & logistics” CPP CSCP CPM CIRM CPIM steel scheduling production manufacturing