Job Title: Business Development Manager - Automotive Components
Company: ER Wagner
Work Location: W130 N8691 Old Orchard Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Work Format: Salaried; full-time; 70% in office and 30% in the field/customer travel
Summary: Under the direction of the Vice President of Sales, the Business Development Manager is responsible for demand creation for ER Wagner. This person will engage in tactical and strategic business development activities to drive growth and profitability for all market segments of ER Wagner.
This person will oversee a team of Manufacturer's Reps. They will be supported by a Business Development Representative (inside sales), Sales Engineer, and a Customer Service team. They will obtain and manage "house" accounts in addition to supporting reps to close new business.
**Candidates must have experience selling to automotive manufacturers with an active network of contacts.**
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with high quality products and people!
What You'll Do as the Business Development Manager:
- Establish, implement and maintain business development activities to achieve strategic business initiatives.
- Move opportunities through the sales funnel from prospect to lead, needs analysis, quoting/prototyping, purchase order, launch, and ongoing relationship management.
- Support the sales efforts of manufacturer's reps by sharing leads, identifying target customers, and providing product expertise in sales meetings with potential customers.
- Travels to assigned territory as needed to assist in territory development.
- Facilitate customer launch with Sales, Engineering, Production, Finance, and Customer Service to ensure timeline and quality expectations are met.
- Manages all territory activities including inside sales service activities, and local sales representatives as needed.
- Provide consistent and accurate annual (or as requested) forecasting of revenue and bookings including funnel activities.
- Partner with the Sales Operations Manager to provide strategic management direction to the Business Development Representatives.
- Develop and implement promotional programs to increase sales and market share in served markets as well as potential growth areas.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to address and resolve customer problems.
- Actively partner with cross-functional areas including engineering and development teams.
- Travels to and attends trade shows.
- Performs other tasks as assigning or required. Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, the duties listed in this job description.
What We're Looking For:
- Education: B.S Degree preferred and/or equivalent experience
- Experience: 5+ years of automotive industry sales experience
- Experience selling components to automotive manufacturers with an active network of contacts is required
- Strong experience, drive, and demonstrated success in building client relationships
- Ability & willingness to travel nationally 20-30% of the time
- Experience managing external sales representatives desired
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Direct selling experience relative to components into OEM’s in industrial markets.
- Customer Service/Distribution experience.
- Communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability/aptitude to connect quickly with new faces in new places.
- Clerical background (Typing, MS Office). Computer skills.
- Employee is to be an independent thinker and should be able to problem solve.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while insuring all are completed as required.
- Core Competencies
- Communications – Clear, frequent information. Offer full attention when others speak. Actively seek information from a variety of sources and disseminate it in a variety of ways. Cleary and articulately convey information to others in casual or informal situations. Ability to organize and deliver public speeches that effectively inform or persuade others. Clearly and concisely compose informative and convincing memos, emails, letters, and reports.
- Customer Orientation – Stays close to customers and associates. View the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. Seek information and understanding regarding market trends.
- Industry Knowledge – Understand the general workings of the industry within which the organization functions. Monitor activities and trends within these arenas and maintain a current knowledge base.
- Assertiveness – Readily offer opinions and take action even when their position may be unpopular. Willing to challenge others appropriately when required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits & Perks:
- Training is provided and includes orientation, ERP system training (EMS) and Microsoft Outlook, Company Overview
- Mileage Reimbursement for travel
- Health Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a company match
- Gain share program
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending (FSA) and dependent care program
- Generous paid holidays package
- Competitive vacation program
- Wellness program
- Qualifying employee safety shoe reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
About ER Wagner:
At ER Wagner, we stamp and machine metal, cut tubing, weld things together and can perform caster and hinge assembly, as well as weldments. We offer standard components as well as custom engineered hinges and caster assemblies. Our ISO Certification along with the implementation of lean manufacturing and six sigma practices permits us to deliver exclusive products. Founded in 1900, we've built a global, innovative, high-quality, efficient company. Our customers include companies such as GM, Ford, Chrysler, Rubbermaid, and Bradley Corp. Our corporate office is located in Menomonee Falls, WI with an additional location in Brookfield, IL.
You can find more information at https://www.erwagner.com/.
keywords: “business development” “sales representative” sales “business development manager” “sales manager” “business development representative” “inside sales” “customer service manager” “outside sales” “sales manager” “account manager” “industrial sales” “component sales” “OEM sales” “automotive industry sales” “manufacturer’s representative” “sales engineer” “field sales representative” “technical sales”